Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pinocchio is Scary. {365 - Day 18}

A while ago, Sarah Beth received a bunch of classic Disney movies on DVD.  She's finally old enough to get the concept of watching a movie, so I popped Pinocchio in for her and watched along as I was folding laundry.

Is it me, or is this the creepiest movie of all time?  I guess I never watched it as a kid, because I don't remember anything about boys being rounded up and taken to an island where they were horrifically turned into donkeys!  The whole movie is just one nightmare after another.  Pinocchio escapes the island, but what about all those other donkey-boys?  You'd think in a Disney movie they'd go back and rescue them.  But no, they are fated to be sold to work in the mines as pack mules.

Now that I think about it, a lot of those Disney movies were pretty scary.  She watched Snow White the other day.  The queen orders the woodsman to kill Snow White and bring her heart back in a box?  Yikes.  Sounds more like a horror film to me than a children's movie!  I guess we'll stick to Blue's Clues for a little while longer.

Day 18 {Canon Elph with a little Photoshop}

No comments:

Post a Comment