Monday, February 27, 2012

2 for 1. {365 - Day 58}

Another rainy day.  After a trip to Trader Joe's (surprise surprise,) we did some housework and goofed around with the camera.  I dusted off my 50mm fixed lens that I rarely use for some reason and got my little model to do some posing.  I forgot how fabulous this lens was.  The only downside is it's fixed focal length, meaning I actually have to get up and move instead of letting the zoom do the work.  Oh the horror.

I couldn't decide which image to use today, so you got both.  I usually try to keep multiple photos the same style or do something to tie them together, but one worked so well in color and the other was much nicer in black & white, so there you go.

For the first photo, I was in the middle of preparing dinner and realized it got awfully quiet.  Sure enough, SB was trying to take a nap on the couch.  Oh no, not ruining bedtime tonight, young lady.  So I cranked up the radio and sat her on the kitchen table for a few photos.  That always perks her up.  The second photo was earlier in the day.  SB reading her new Disney princess pop-up book.  I believe this was the Pocahontas page.  I predict that Pocahontas will be headless within 3 days.  Pop-up books don't last long in this house.  My apologies to the Disney princesses.

 Day 58 {Canon 7D + Photoshop}




No comments:

Post a Comment