Friday, December 28, 2012

Almost over. {365 - Day 363}

Time to stock up on Champagne. Only a few days left in 2012. Only a few days left of my project.  When I started my 365 366 photo project, I didn't know if I could really do it.  Take and post a photo a day, every day, for the entire year.  It was a major challenge, artistically and sometimes logistically, to come up with a photo, upload, edit and post.  Some days the photo just came to me.  Other days I was not as inspired.  I already love looking back at my entries, some of these moments have already been forgotten.  It will be so wonderful to have this year captured from this blog into a book, where I can look back at the ups and downs of 2012 as each day unfolded.  Seeing Sarah Beth grow throughout the year.  Reading about what was important or funny or dull about each day.

What I learned is that there is beauty and interest in everything when you look for it.  There is a story behind everything.  That every day, every moment counts and should not be taken for granted.  That it is important to take photos of the ones you love, to write down special moments, silly moments, the little day to day stuff of life that makes it so great.  Otherwise you will forget.  You will forget that silly smile your child had when she was 3.  Because by 3 1/2, it changes.  You will forget how breathtakingly beautiful that sunset was back in May.  You don't need a fancy camera.  In fact, some of my favorites have been taken with my phone.  You don't need to be a Pulitzer-prize winning author.  Just write what you feel.  Even if no one reads it but you, you will have captured those moments for yourself forever.


Day 363 {iPhone + Photoshop}

1 comment:

  1. i so bad want to do it this year. are you going for a repeat?? do it!!! i have enjoyed it so much. i haven't missed an entry. i might not have read it on that day, but I have read, and enjoyed, every single one of them, and I feel like we are better friends because of it. I have literally "kept up with you" this year! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete