Saturday, July 28, 2012

Uncle. {365 - Day 210}

We are visiting my parents in Hendersonville, mainly because my brother is here for the weekend.  He and his family live in New Orleans, so we don't get to see them too often, but he quickly won Sarah Beth over with a stuffed elephant, which she promptly named Bud Light.  I was a little perplexed over the name, but hours later, it finally hit me - I think this is a variation of "Buzz Lightyear" from  Toy Story.  That's been her movie of choice lately, so that must have been what inspired her name.  Hopefully.

Anyway, this afternoon we headed for the mountains with Uncle Marc (and Bud Light the Elephant) and hiked up to Devil's Courthouse to enjoy the view.  Bud stayed in the car, but Sarah Beth walked all the way to the top (well, most of the way.)  

She got a little tired on the way down and insisted that Mommy carry her, so Mommy got quite the workout.  I guess I needed the exercise, but carrying a 34 pound kid down a mountain was not on my agenda for the day.  Need Advil, stat.


2 comments:

  1. this is so sweet!! i hope you took a ton of everyone!! please tell me there is one of you and Marc (btw, that is how Greg's brother spells Marc too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to see dear cousin Marc again. I miss him. A great pic, Jen--thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete