Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wrong Side of the Tracks {365 - Day 109}

I usually cringe when I see photo shoots around railroad tracks.  The sight of kids or families playing around on the tracks makes me nervous and is not something a family would normally do.  I understand the allure - the leading lines make for a fabulous image, but still.  Kids, stay away from railroad tracks.

That said, today I slowed down as I drove over the tracks and snapped a quick photo.  I pass these tracks at least twice a day, as they are a just a few blocks from my house.  Yes, we live on the wrong side of the tracks.  Or maybe it's the right side.  Not sure.  Anyway, when I bought this house years ago, the realtor pointed out the tracks, mentioning that they were close enough that I'd hear the trains.  I was ok with that.  I love the low rumble as the trains go by and the occasional whistle in the distance.

Day 109 {iPhone + instagram}


No comments:

Post a Comment