Friday, August 17, 2012

Prodigy. {365 - Day 230}

Well, maybe "prodigy" is a bit of an overstatement.  She is very enthusiastic though.
For a while now, I haven't played much piano since little Miss Bossy Pants was not a fan.  She would cry and yell and attempt to force-ably push me off the bench.  Everyone's a critic.  So rather than put up a fight, I let the piano collect dust for several months.

Today, I thought I'd try again to see what happened.  I'd really like to start exposing her to the piano so when she's old enough for real lessons, she'll maybe enjoy it as much as I did as a child.  She did try to evict me from the bench, but gave up after a few minutes and played quietly, putting up with my "noise" as she called it.

Then, it was her turn.  She flipped through the sheet music "looking for a better song" as she put it, then started to play and sing.  The lyrics were something like "I love Gnomeo"  (she's still obsessed with that movie) and "going to the playground" followed by a section about Daddy.    Cuteness.  Hopefully it won't turn into songs of teen angst and heartbreak anytime soon.  Gnomeo sounds good to me.

Day 230 {iPhone + Photoshop}

1 comment: