Saturday, August 25, 2012

Behind Bars. {365 - Day 238}

For those of you following the Sleep Study saga from the other night, we've had mixed results.  Night one went relatively well - Sarah Beth woke up once at 2:30AM, but I managed to get her back to sleep in her own bed for the rest of the night.  Night two, however, did not go as smoothly.  She woke up at 3AM, looking for water and "Mommy's bed."  I walked her back to her room and snuggled with her a little, trying to relax her back to sleep.  She stared back at me with eyes wide open like a lemur.

Finally, after 37 minutes of stories (not that I was counting) she dozed off.  I foolishly sneaked back into our room, only to be followed shortly after by the pitter patter of little feet.  Back for round two, she was even more wide-eyed (closer to a tarsier, maybe?)  If I closed my eyes for a minute while I was telling a story, I could feel her stare burning through my eyelids.  If I stopped talking or singing, she would sit up and demand more entertainment.  Finally, I gave up and shut off her nightlight, told her she was closing her eyes and that was it, and went to sleep.  I woke up in her bed with stacks of puzzles and books on top of me and a demanding toddler inviting me to a tea party on the floor.   Oh boy.  Hoping we fare better tonight.

Since I got oh so much sleep last night, today was a real joy.  Sarah Beth, of course, has boundless energy so she was her usual perky self as she dragged me around the park this afternoon.  Here she is sitting still for two seconds pretending she's "in jail."   I don't know how she even knows what jail is.  Let's hope this is the last time we get a mug shot like this!

Day 238 {iPhone + photoshop}

1 comment:

  1. She looks guilty of something - maybe it's for keeping you up all night.

    ReplyDelete