Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Voted. {365 - Day 311}

Election Day.  Ever the procrastinator, I didn't manage to get to early voting, but it turns out that was ok because there was no one in line. No.One. I literally walked into the polling place, signed my name on a little piece of paper and voted.  Either everyone else is voting earlier or later or hardly anyone else is voting.  I hope it is not the latter.

The act of voting is why we are a country.  We have all seen stories on the news of people in other countries literally being beaten or worse while trying to cast their ballots.  All we have to do is get off the couch and go down the street.  It's easy to take it for granted.  To get jaded with our choices, the "politics" of it all.  But it is our right, our duty to vote.  It does make a difference.  If you haven't done it yet, you still have a little time.  Vote!



Day 311 {iPhone + photoshop}

1 comment: