Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fallen. {365 - Day 304}

Yesterday's winds knocked off a lot of the pretty leaves from the trees and announced that cold weather was here.  For Charlotte, that means having to actually wear a jacket.  It was not the prettiest of days, but it seemed fitting given the circumstances.  Seeing the aftermath of the storm that raged upon the Northeast was heartbreaking.  Places I spent much of my childhood are completely wiped out.  They will rebuild, they always do.  But it will never be the same.  I am glad I had the chance to see the shore one last time this month before the destruction hit.  And I am thankful that friends and family are safe and sound, albeit sitting in the dark, eating the contents of their freezers right now.   I wish New Jersey a speedy recovery.  This Jersey girl's heart is with you.


Day 304 {iPhone + Photoshop}

No comments:

Post a Comment