Saturday, October 6, 2012

Celebrating Betty. {365 - Day 279}

Today my Grandma was laid to rest and we celebrated her life in style at the Molly Pitcher.  Just as she would have liked.  There were so many friends, family members, and neighbors there, sharing fond memories of this special lady and consoling those closest to her.  

I snuck a peek into the bar, where Grandma used to take me on special occasions as a little girl and order me a Shirley Temple.  I remember thinking we were so fancy with our maraschino cherries.

Day 279 {Canon 5D Mark III}

Martinis were ordered and glasses raised in Grandma's honor.  It was just the kind of party she would have loved.  In fact, I swear I think I saw her out of the corner of my eye a few times, flitting about from table to table, making sure everyone said hello to Aunt Jean and Uncle Bill and that we were all having a good time.  Cheers to you, Grandma.  We love you, a bushel and a peck, you bet your pretty neck we do.


1 comment: